Thursday, June 3, 2010

Movement

The first time I felt the baby move was...
April 2nd
At 21 weeks I had started to wonder if I was ever going to feel him move.
So while I was quietly sitting at work, towards the end of the day, reading a book I felt a weird sensation in my belly.  I quickly dismissed it, but it happend a few moments later and then a couple of more times as I stopped reading and patiently waited for that sensation.  What a cool feeling!  I couldn't wait to get home and tell Colby that I had felt the baby move, I had been complaining to him for a couple of weeks that I still hadn't felt movement.  When I got home he wasn't very excited!  He said it wasn't all that exciting because he couldn't feel him move yet...lame! 

April 22nd
It didn't take too long till Colby could feel the movements, 24 weeks pregnant.  While laying in bed with his arm over my stomach, he asked if the baby had just moved.  I proclaimed "YES"!  Then he got excited about feeling movements and continued to wait patiently for more.  Colby still gets excited when he feels the baby move and is always asking how the baby is doing and if he is moving at that moment.  I caught a great man and soon to be daddy!

All I have to say is what a cool and weird experience to feel a little human moving about in his temporary home.  I wish men could experience pregnancy for the special moments, they wouldn't survive the rest without a boat load of complaining however. 

I am grateful to be a woman and to have this unique experience!

1 comment:

Morgan and Joel said...

Isn't that the coolest??? Pretty soon the baby will start kicking so hard that it will wake Colby up at night :) I love to read youthoughts - you are obviously giddy. xoxox