Thursday, July 15, 2010

The Baby Shower

JUNE 19, 2010
My sister Amber hosted a great baby shower in her backyard, with the help of many others, including Khristina (Clayton's girlfriend), Joan (Grandma), Denise (Ambers Mother-in-law), Alison (Aunt), Kathy (Mom), and Bree (Cousin).

~Amber and Me~

The invitation was adorable and followed the
color scheme (Blue, Green, Brown) and
theme of the nursery (Owls)
~Front~

~Back~

It was really great to see everyone and we had awesome attendance from our families.

Fun balloons welcomed you to the backyard.

The spread of food looked amazing and tasted even better
It was brunch themed food, by request.
I love breakfast food, it must be because I love sugar! 
Quiche's
Sausage and Cream Cheese Stuffed Mushrooms
House Salad
Veggies
Fruit (Yummy!!!)
Orange Rolls

The beverage cart was full of tantalizing thirst quenchers.
Lemon and Lime Water
Regular and Raspberry Lemonade
Sparkling Sorbet Punch

Desserts to die for...
Cream Puffs
Brownie Bites
Fruit Tart Cookies (My Favorite)

The plates and napkins were so cute I had to take a picture.

Decorations included...flowers, a stone owl, and branches with chocolates.



After eating we played GAMES!!!!
I love, love, love games.
(Thanks Khristina!)

The DIRTY DIAPER GAME

Included...
Looking...

Smelling...

and Tasting!

Correct Answers
1. Reese's Peanut Butter Cup
2. 100 Grand
3. BabyRuth
4. Crunch
5. Hershey's Chocolate Bar
6. Mr. Goodbar
7. Butterfinger
8. Hershey's Kisses

WINNERS
Aunt Angie

Sister Tarynn

 Aunt Wendy and Cousin Bree

MATCHING GAME
(Thanks Aunt Ali)

I matched "baby fat" and got Jelly Bellys :)

GUESSING GAME

 WINNER
 
Cousin Bree

The Looters
 

Colbys mom sent me flowers since she couldn't be there...so pretty!

Opening Gifts for the Little Man 



Guests
Caylee and Christy

Heather and Shelly

Joni, Tamara, Gia

Pat, Angie, Marsha

Wendy, Sebastian, Bree, Tarynn

 
Susanne and Grandma Marilynn

Whitney and Karly

Group Shot #1

Group Shot #2

Mom and Me

Not Pictured Above
Grandma Mary Lou Tanner
Grandma Joan Vail
Denise Wade
Alison Wright

THANKS EVERYONE FOR A FABULOUS SHOWER!!!

3 comments:

Annie said...

Looks like it was a wonderful shower! Can't wait to see pics of the nursery! It sounds adorable!

Catherine said...

The owls, the colors, the party, cute! Wish I could have been there to help shower you with love and attention!

Maxmomma said...

What an awesome shower Riss! I'm sorry I was out of town for that one. Is there anything you still need? I had begun ordering something on your registry when I was part of the big Gmail hack and had to take my computer in to the shop... kind of forgot to get back to it after that! Oops! Love you Riss and your little man is ADORABLE!