Monday, February 28, 2011

Nursery

Finally pictures of Grey's bedroom...

He takes naps in the crib but sleeps in our room at night (co-sleeper).
This crib was given to my parents by their neighbors and passed to me.


The rocker was left by the previous homeowners in the carport. 
So I cleaned the wood and my mom had the fabric dry cleaned. 
She also got new foam for the cusions.

The closet is thankfully large enogh to hold most of the required baby items.
It has nice built in shelfs for orginization.

 We bought an 8-drawer dresser from ikea instead of a changing table.
We figured it would get the most long term use and it has been great.
Thus, this is used as the changing area, the most used spot in his room.
The item hanging in the corner of the picture is a wind chime thing that I made in elementary school.
It is glazed ceramic and Grey love love loves it, glad my mom held onto this.

His room is sort of owl themed. 
I picked several of these up and was given quite a few.
The blue one is a bank and the little green and red ones are salt and pepper shakers
They watch over my baby.

The sleeping Z's I made and bring in some of the blue and browns that accent his green walls.

My mom made this quilt for Grey to go with his themed room.
Owls, blue, brown & Green
Below are some close ups of the quilt.

3 comments:

Annie said...

Great job on his room! It is adorable! And I love love love the owls on the shelf! I want to see a close up of the wind chime you made when you were little! :)

Dina said...

OMG. This quilt is amazing! I can't believe your mom did this!! I want to quilt soooo bad!!!Hope your cute fam is doing well.

Jared and Laura said...

Ahh, that nursery is precious!! I love that you incorporated so many little meaningful touches (the wind chime, quilt, sleeping Zs, owls)...it's a lovely nursery!!