Monday, May 10, 2010

Mothers Day "Soon To Be"

First of all what a beautiful day we were blessed with, bright sun, blue sky, warm air and flowers in full bloom.  Perfect shorts and T-shirt weather to celebrate one of my greatest gifts, my mom.  My mom is one fabulous woman.  Always full of kind words, giving actions, and never ending compassion.  I hope to follow in her steps as I venture towards motherhood. 

Although, I may not have given birth to our little man...yet...I still consider myself a mother (I am carrying and caring for the little tyke already, aren't I? haha).  So, Colby being the fabulous man and husband that he is celebrated this holiday with me. 

To begin the day he made me breakfast. A german pancake (the kind that gets really big and then deflates) with strawberries, bacon and hashbrowns.
Breakfast (Yummy!)

Then he gave me a cute card and a lounge chair cover for the pool (I've been wanting one of these for forever)  I've deceided that as much as I think he dosen't pay attention to certain things, he actually really is listening.
Card & Towel

We ventured to costco to pick up food for dinner and Colby got me beautiful flowers.

Red-Orange Tulips and White Lilies

For dinner with the family I made chicken enchiladas and an old childhood dessert (see below)

Rhubarb
+
Strawberries
+
 Sugar
EQUALS

Delicious Strawberry Rhubarb Crisp
(Sweet meets Tart)

To end the evening my mom made my sisters and me "Company Aprons" plus a matching hot pad.  Besides being a wonderful mother, my mom is the most talented seamstress I know (made my wedding dress)!  It was so kind of her to take the time to make these for us!
 

Overall, I had a wonderful Mothers Day filled with family, laughter, and love!
Thanks again Colby for a wonderful day and for being the love of my life!
XOXO

3 comments:

Joni and John said...

What a nice guy! I'm so excited for you to be a mommy! We will have to have playdates for sure :) I'm also happy you've joined the blogging world!

Catherine said...

Sounds like it was a great day!

Great blog! I'm glad that I know about it now! :)

Morgan and Joel said...

I agree - your mom is AMAZING! And I'm glad that Colby made you feel special on mom's day - what a guy!